Wednesday 1 April 2009

Ignorance

I've not come across such ignorance in the UK as I did today.

Started a new job.

One chickie asked me where I've worked previously and where I studied. So, I tell her.

She looked all shocked and surprised when I told her I studied in Cape Town - she asked ' There are dieticians Cape Town?'

The shock in her voice was too real to be an April Fool's joke. Seriously.

I have no idea what the look on my face said. But, I tried my utmost not to roll my eyes and give a reply along the lines of

' We have lions in roaming freely in our back yards and our hospital uniform is loin clothes!'

SERIOUSLY!

Told myself not to be mean to someone I don't know on my first day at a new job so I just kinda smiled and said, 'Yes, we have dieticians in South Africa.'

Honestly!

No comments: