Saturday 25 July 2009

St Johann in Tirol



How was Austria...again wet, wet, wet!

Not as wet as Munich, but it was that iffy drizzly weather. The kind that lets up, then starts up again pretty much ruining all outdoor plans!

And yep, St Johann known for outdoor activities. I tell you, hiking in drizzle and mud ain't fun.
Apparently there are beautiful mountains surrounding the town...uh, gonna have to take that one on faith because I didn't see the top of any of them!

Not even in the closest big town - Innsbruck! Although, Innsbruck was a nice change from miserable weather because at least the sun shone through the clouds (even though they didn't lift!).

One activity that isn't affected by iffy weather is canyoning...was awesome fun! Abseiling down a 20m waterfall...and then jumping into the river from a height of apparently 7m though for some reason it looked higher. I looked at the guide like he was mad when he told me to jump! A few others had jumped before me already so I knew it was ok but still.

Of course, I jumped. Such fun! Yay for wet suits - with all the rubbish weather the water was pretty cold, not seeing the sun and all 10-12 celsius. Would definitely go canyoning again! I wasn't sure what to expect but it was over before I knew it... hour and a half went pretty quickly.

St Johann I shall share in pictures...because rubbish weather, well, not much to say is there?


Reflection on a cloudy day



:p

Innsbruck

2 comments:

Printing Postcards said...

Aww... it kinda sucks to go out then it would just suddenly rain. Totally kills the fun of it all. :D It looks like a great place though!

gudgirl18 said...

it is...and it's apparently even better in winter - ski & snow sport destination