Sunday 21 February 2010

The pursuit of happiness

So, the new year has come and gone. I've started a new job, and it already feels as though I've been working for ages and ages.

Initially I was quite ok with the job...now, I don't know. Working in government is interesting at best, frustrating at worst - and a whole lot of other things in between that's best not mentioned.

I've moved cities - Johannesburg really isn't the prettiest city in our country. But you're either of the hate it/love it school.

I don't hate it...but I don't completely love it either. Best described as a stop-gap; for me at least.

I've discovered a few places I like, and a few more I've yet to visit, so it ain't all bad.

Street performers remain a favourite - and a I came across an acrobatic troupe at one of the (numerous) malls in the area.


Soccer fever has grabbed the country (well, it's intensified); with the world cup kicking off in just over 100 days!

Johannesburg isn't as green as other places...can't really expect much from the busiest city in SA can you? But if you look long, and hard enough there are mini-retreats.

Like the zoo...not a big fan of zoos, but they have their uses. And a break away is one of them!

I'm mostly coping with changes. At times I'm most frustrated and this past week has been one of the worst. But it is now done! And I'm happier for it.

Right now I'm thinking of a plan, need to put it in to action.

In the meantime... I remain in the pursuit of happiness

No comments: